Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Grow Carrots Easily With Carrot Tape

Carrot tape makes it so much easier to plant those tiny seeds.

Follow Foods For Long Life on Facebook, Pinterest and IG

Those Tiny Tiny Seeds!
Carrot seeds are so tiny. When I try planting an entire row of them, they almost always get washed away with the first watering. After a few bad carrot experiences, I finally gave up. But this year, I discovered carrot tape and it's working like a charm.

The tape holds the tiny seeds and you just plant a row of tape, 1/4" down, in rows a foot apart. Now I will say that they put too many seeds on the tape which makes them hard to thin, so I took a tweezer and carefully removed some of the seeds before planting. Every seed came up!

Gurney's offers 8 types of carrot tapes.
Plant the tape 1/4" down in the soil.
Water them well and thin if necessary after they sprout.

This is Gurney's  Envy Hybrid Carrot, 10" to 12" long

Some of the seeds come in a 12"x12" seed mat but I haven't tried that one yet.

This is the seed map for Gurney's Yaya hybrid carrot.


No comments: